I’ve always wanted to make chicken curry, but always refrained because I thought it would be so much work. I had bought Eastern Chicken Masala a while back so today finally got a chance to use it!!
I use store bought ginger and garlic that is chopped and in a bottle. The reason I used drumsticks is because I don’t know how to cut chicken bone..:)
– 8 chicken drumsticks
– 5 spoons Eastern Chicken Masala
– 1 onion sliced
– 1 table spoon garlic
– 1 table spoon ginger
– 2 chili peppers
– 1/2 spoon mustard seed
– 2 Roma tomatoes cut
– 2 peeled and cubed potatoes
– salt to taste
Clean the chicken. In a large bowl add the Eastern Chicken Masala and some salt and mix the chicken pieces so the masala is evenly distributed. Keep aside.
In a small chopper, chop the chili pepper, garlic, and ginger so that it will make a paste.
– Heat oil in the pot and once the oil is hot add the mustard seed.
– Once that is popped add the sliced onion and and saute it for a bit.
– Add the garlic, ginger, chili paste and fry together until the onions are translucent.
– Add the tomatoes and saute for about 5-7 minutes until the tomatoes are a little mashed.
– Add the chicken pieces with 3 cups of water.
– Add the potato cubes.
– Add salt to taste.
– Cook until done. I cooked it for about 45 minutes for the gravy to become thick.
I made fried rice and yogurt vegetable salad with this. I’ll post the recipes on these two items later. You can eat this with chapati, naan, parathas, bread, or plain rice.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed making and eating it.